Friday 7 June 2019

One Hand Cooking

I work with just my left hand, because I had a Carpal tunnel operation on my right hand. That hinders a lot in everyday chores, one of them is cooking. I have a 2 hour helper for a couple of days and I really need her.


The first day after the operation she came over with a pot of Goulash to feed me. A beef goulash with an amazing sauce. I pestered her a while until she gave up the secret ingredient.
Usually when you brown the beef with the onions and the tomato paste, you deglaze the pan either with some alcohol or some broth. She deglazes the pot with 2 double shots of fresh pressed Espressso.
I have to try this hack the next time I prepare a goulash.


The next day she came over with homemade Spaetzle. She is from the Region of the Bodensee, the huge lake in the south, that borders Austria and Swiss too. A special dish there are these spaetzle with layers of strong cheese and onions. Lots of fresh ground pepper brings out the flavour of the cheeses.

To cook myself is something I am looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment