Sunday 25 August 2019

Tomato Harvest

This years tomato harvest starts late. The plants in the garden without any protection have suffered a bit. The seedlings were late to grow.  The ups and downs with the heatwaves have done their part too.
But now it has finally started on all 12 plants.


Since the last 2 years I develloped an allergie to raw tomatoes. That is so mean! I am looking forward to eat my own grown tomatoes all year long. The tastes are so much better and the different kinds are so unique. The Supermarket veriaty is no nearly as good.

I have to come up with different ways to use my tomatoes. I can eat just a hand full of tomatoes some days in the week. The others have to be processed.
Tomato sauce time will come soon.


But I spurched yesterday with a plate of different coloured and sizes of tomato. With a bit of leftover arugula salad and olives. They went into a Tapenade or olive paste. The combination with Fresh tomatoes works great.


I bought some Chinese Chili Pickle Sauce in a bottle. The taste is strongly of Chinese Shaoxing cooking wine with chili flavour.
I added sugar and salt and a little white wine vinegar to it and cooked it for 1 min..

My cherry tomatoes went in a pot with boiling water for 60 seconds. I  poked some holes into them with a needle. They went in 2 jars. The liquid on top and I closed the lids.



No comments:

Post a Comment