Friday 24 September 2021

Low Carb Veggie Beef and Cheese Bake



I am not a huge fan of low carb meals. But I found a recipe with  so many different ingredients that let me forget I had no pasta or rice on the side.

I bought some lean organic beef mince and thought about some kind of Bolo on pasta. Then this ripped out recipe inspired me. All other ingredients were at home.



A lot of veggies bulk out the dish. But the addition of cheeses and eggs makes it lasting longer.



From my friends garden I still have a couple of carrots and plump chili peppers. They are on the hotter side. One of both went into this bake.

Recipe for 4:

400 g lean organic beef mince, 2 onions, 2 spring onions, 4 cloves of garlic

200 g sheep feta, 60 g sliced cheese, 2 eggs, 3 tomatoes

2 bell peppers, 1 carrot, 1 red chili, oil, salt, pepper, fresh majoram, sage, thyme

Preheat the oven 180C fan.



Slice all veggies into strips. Get onions, garlic and carrot in the pan first without oil. After 5 min, add a little oil and the peppers. Fry 3 more min. Season. 



Take the beef and spread it on top if the veggies. When the beef is no longer pink, crumble the feta in the pan.



Use an oven proof dish and put the mix in. Beat two eggs and pour it over. Cut the tomatoes in slices in top the mix with them. Finish with slices of cheese.

Bake for 15 min and let it rest outside the oven for 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment