Friday 3 December 2021

Prawns on cheesy Polenta



I saw a picture of grits with garlic shrimps. Quaker Grits are not available here.  I opted for polenta. It is not the same, but it will work too.

During many trips through the US corn belt, I ate my share of grits. Many of these experiances were mediocre. Other tasty. It is the same for me with polenta. I am only a fan when I prepare it in a special way. Otherwise I try to avoid it.



A bag of frozen large black tiger prawns was sitting in my freezer. Which I have to clear out the next 10 days. I defrosted the prawns, peeled them and put them in a Caribbean spice blend and lots of chopped garlic to marinate. 3 hours in the fridge was enough.



Ingredients:

120 g polenta, 450 ml chicken stock home made

1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp creme fraiche, salt and pepper, 4 tbsp grated cheese

10 prawns, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp cooking oil, 2 tsp curry style seasoning



Heat up the stock and add the butter. Bring to a boil, let slowly the polenta in and stir with a whisk. It cooks about 5 min. When it is set, add creme fraiche and cheese. 

Heat up a pan on high. Toss in the prawns with the garlic. Since they are big, they need 2,5 min per side.


No comments:

Post a Comment