Monday 16 May 2022

Asparagus Soup with Dumplings and Custard Royale Cubes

This soup is impressive in its simplissity.



The steps are easy to follow. Some can be made in advance. Leftovers even used for other dishes. I am looking forward to have a second helping of soup tomorrow at the office during my lunch break.



I had some frozen chicken stock. That went as the base of one part of the stock. The other was beef stock powder based. Next I cleaned and cut up the green asparagus.



The egg custard royale was done in a way I have not done before. My usual way the the use of the Microwave. This time I filled the seasoned egg and milk mix in a freezer bag. I closed it and set it in small pot with simmering water for 20 min. After cooling down to room temp it went in the fridge to get solid for 20 min.




The dumplings have a bunch of ingredients.

Throw them all in a food processor and use one big enough. The fine paste is then rolled with wet hands in marble size balls. They need about 10 min in slowly boiling water.



Recipe for egg custard royale:

100 ml whole milk, 2 eggs

Nutmeg, salt and pepper

Recipe for dumplings:

150 g raw very fine ham(Lachsschinken)

1 onion, 3 tbsp parsley, 50 g cream cheese

3 tbsp medium hot mustard, 8 tbsp breadcrumbs

Soup:

500 ml beef stock, 500 ml chicken stock


No comments:

Post a Comment