Monday 18 September 2023

Hake with Garlic and Navettes

I bought fish and purple turnips in France.



The hake filets looked meaty and I did not cover them in batter or breadcrumbs. The cooking method was simple and easy and it let the fish shine.



Just a good amount of sliced garlic, lemon juice and parsley sautéd in olive oil was enough.



The purple turnips are easy to prepare. I peeled them and cut them in bite size pieces. Today I used my microwave to cook them. Just add a splash of water and a little salt, close the lid and at 800 watts cook for 5 min.



The hake was seasoned with salt and pepper and went in a hot pan with a little olive oil to sear on both sides for 3 to 4 min depending on the thickness. I lowered the heat, added the sliced garlic and let it get soft. Next the lemon juice and the cooked navettes went in. At last off the heat a bit more olive oil and parsley.



Ingredients:

2 hake filets - the thin tail parts flipped in

4 tbsp olive oil

Salt and pepper, juice 1 lemon, parsley

4 navettes


No comments:

Post a Comment