Friday 15 September 2023

Pollok in Mustard Sauce

I did a grocery haul in France again. It was nearly 3 month since my last trip. Many food and nonfood items were missing in my cupboards.



The increase of consumer prices was noticable in France too. But compared to Germany more moderate. This time I splurched on a variety of cheeses. 



But fresh seafood is my main goal to buy. I bought two kinds of fish and a bag of bulot for tonight.

Recipe for 2:

4 large potatoes

280 g pollok

1 large white onion and spring onion

2 cloves of garlic

3 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp flour

100 ml veg stock, 30 ml Noilly Prat, 200 ml milk

Pinch sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper

3 tsp Dijon mustard, 3 tsp sweet mustard

Start the potatoes and chop onions and garlic. Cut the pollok in bite size chunks.



In a pan melt the butter and sauté onions and garlic. Add the flour and stir it well.



First add milk, bit by bit, then add stock and Noilly Prat. Season. On medium heat add the fish and let it simmer 7 min. Drain the potatoes and add the spring onion green to the sauce.






No comments:

Post a Comment