Thursday 8 February 2018

Chocolate Waffles with Physalis

What is not to like when someones serves you waffles. I found this idea on the back of last years calender from a supermarket.


I read the recipe and thought somethings are wrong. The amount of sugar was so high and I missed enough wet stuff. I started with 1/3 less sugar and that was right. I stayed with the required amount of liquid and the batter was nearly not manageable. I had to add more milk and after baking I knew that I should have even added more.

You can serve it with fresh strawberries and blueberries, but this time of year I do prefer physalis.


recipe for 6 waffles:
100 g butter
2  large eggs
120 g sugar
1 pinch of salt
200 g flour
1 1/2 tsp cream of tatar
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
100 g 76% chocolate
75 ml milk
120 ml cream
physalis
Liqueur 43
icing sugar

Melt the butter and let it cool down.
Melt the chocolate with the milk and cool it down.
Mix flour, cream of tatar and salt and cocoa.
Separate the eggs.
Beat the egg white until fluffy, add the sugar and beat stiff.
Beat the egg yolks until creamy, add the rest and check if you have a smooth batter.
Bake it and dress it with 

No comments:

Post a Comment