Wednesday 14 February 2018

Dry aged beef with mixed pepper veggies

A mean big piece of beef cutlet, dry aged. I do not often buy this kind of steak.


Popular are steaks cooked rare or medium rare. This is something I have a huge problem with. I eat all kinds of raw fish or seafood and do like it.

But the moment a lot of red meat juice is seeping out of a steak on my plate and running into my french fries I am finished eating. The only red on my french fries I accept is ketchup.


It took a lot trial and error until I found a method to cook my steak that I enjoyed eating. My favourite internal steak temperature is 58 C. Very important is it to rest the steak after it leaves the oven. A quick hot turn in some clarified butter and a final seasoning with salt and pepper is mandatory.

Since the beef was the star of my Sunday dinner, I only served it with a pot of veggies and no carbs.

The pot of veggies contained red and orange bell peppers, a large green pepperoni, one carrot and a small piece of celeriac, some spring onions and garlic. It needed some sauce and poured half a jar of Ayvar mixed with water and some veg stock powder. Do not forget salt and pepper as a start seasoning.  



No comments:

Post a Comment