Friday 16 February 2018

Nasi Lemak - Singapore Coconut Rice

Soo good!

I saw the guys from SortedFood prepare that dish and I was intrigued. I love food from all Asian countries and love to try my hand on them. I would not call them 100% authentic, I have to work with the ingredients I can get here.

I was in our new large Asian supermarket a couple of weeks ago and wandered along the isles to check out what was offered. On top of all the frozen isles are so many things stocked, that you need a lot of time to check them out. One section is filled with lots of packages with stocks, sauces, spice packages for classic dishes. There are many I have never heard of. I stopped by a bright turkoise package saying Singapore Coconut Rice - nasi lemak.


It is a package for 500 g of rice, I just used a third of it and had to count out all the other ingredients.


recipe for 2:
150 g long grain rice
220 ml water
17 g Singapore Rice stock

Cucumber
boiled egg
rosted dried onions
spring onion
peanuts
hot sauce or Ayvar
some chicken piece

Put everything for the Singapore rice into the rice cooker and wait until finished. Prepare the sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment