Thursday 21 November 2019

Tourteau fromager

I found something new in my favourite French supermarket Auchan.


A package of cheese got stuck in the rack and I tried to get it out. That way I pulled a cardboard box with brown bags out of the deep of the refrigerator racks. The cheese went into my shopping cart and I examined the brown bag a bit more.
Regional products are very interesting. I never heard of this Tourteau before.


It is a cake from the region of Poitou.
The only thing I know about Poitou are the large donkies with the big ears and shaggy fur. But that did not help.

There is a discription on the back of the package. It is a soft cake with curd. While the cake bakes in the oven, it gets the black top. That keeps the cake fresh and moist.
The ingredients list shows milk and butter from France!


It can be eaten warm or cold. For breakfast or as a dessert with a red fruit coulis. With a glass of milk, a cup of coffee or tea.

I had it warmed up a little in the microwave with a coffee latte. Srumpcious.


No comments:

Post a Comment