Sunday 17 November 2019

Japanese Egg Salad

When you have been to Japan you will have discovered Conbinis or 7/11, FamilyMart or Lawson convienent stores. They are a must for every tourist. You come home and you wish you had something like this in your country.


They not only offer drinks and snacks, but you can buy lots of fresh packaged food there. Rice and pasta dishes that can be warmed in the store microwave. A veriaty of sandwiches and onigiri or rice balls to eat cold. In the colder zime of year, warm soups boil near the cashir, they are called oden and are mostly vegetarian items

I have two favourite sandwiches I buy in a conbini in Japan: egg sandwich -  Tamago Sando- and tuna mayo.


Tabieats recipe YT channel made the egg salad a couple of videos ago. I wanted to do them soon.
Now was the time because I had fresh eggs in abundance. I bought a dozen yesterday but dropped the carton when I loaded my car. It was not clear at short notice if all eggs were cracked, so I bought a fresh one. I put the carton with broken leaking eggs in a seperate bag and checked at home.  From 12 egg 5 were still good.


Recipe:
4 boiled eggs
4 tbsp Kewpie mayo
Sugar
Salt
White pepper

The Kewpie mayo is essential when you want to have the same taste as in Japan.
We have a huge Asian supermarket in the city, it is no problem to get it there. But it is easy to order it online too.

Mash everything together with a fork. Cut off the crust from the white toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment