Thursday 30 January 2020

Minced Meat with Asian Noodles

My first home cooked meal after the holidays. I wanted something quick and with minced meat.


I bought fresh minced meat, half pork and half beef at my local butcher. A bag of frozen veggies were sitting in my freezer for a while. Just carrots, bell peppers, sugar snap peas and mushrooms. Some fine Mung bean noodles add to the Asian touch.


This is really quick cooking. I dumped the frozen veggies with some soy sauce and Chinese seasoning in the microwave and cooked them.


Boiling water of the dried noodles and waiting 2 minutes is quick too.

The "most " work to do was the minced meat. I put it in a casserole with canola oil and a dash of sesame oil, took 4 wooden chopsticks and stirred until I had a fine crumb of meat. Seasoning with Sancho pepper, salt and Chinese five spice and 2 tbsp Hoi Sin Sauce.


The noodles went into the meat and I had to stir vigorously to mix them.
That mix went into the veggies and basically that was it.

Just some roasted sesame seeds and a bit of green onion on top.


ingredients:
80 g mung bean noodles
300 g mixed pork and beef mince
1 tbsp canola oil
a dash sesame oil
2 tbsp Hoi Sin Sauce
1 tsp Sancho pepper
salt
Chinese 5 spice
Soy sauce
400 g frozen mixed vegetables
sesame seeds roastedd
onion greens

No comments:

Post a Comment