Thursday 24 November 2016

Tomato Ricotta Squares

I found this recipe years ago in one of my favourite French supermarkets. It still is sticking to my corkboard today. I exchanged the feta with homemade ricotta cheese.  I used puff pasty as the base and it is a very fast and nice dish to serve if you have guests around. The combination of different flavours makes a wonderful snack.


recipe:
puff pastry about 200 g
1 egg yolk
8 cherry tomatoes
100 g ricotta cheese
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp pine nuts
some dried thyme
some dried zaatar
salt and pepper
some parsley


Preheat the oven 180 C.
Cut four same size rectangles.
sear 1,5 cm around the egde and use a fork in the middle to prick the dough.
smear some mustard on.

Place some ricotta on top.


Add halfed tomatoes and season with thyme, zaatar, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with pine nuts and honey and some honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment