Saturday 5 November 2016

Vegan red lentil stew

This recipe is vegan, but I did not cook it looking for something vegan. While preparing it, I saw a vegan theme and looked at my recipe and thought, hey that is one. The fresh veggies are pok choy,I was looking for some colourful chard, but I couldn´t find any.


The origin of this dish is the Easter Mediterranean, lots of the ingredients are from a Turkish supermarket. It is a very fast way to get a full meal. Serve it with Piede bread and some soy yogurt.

recipe:
140 g red lentils
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tomato-paprika paste or Salca
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp curcuma
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp aciq biber paprika paste
250 g pok choy
a pinch salt and pepper
350 ml water
1/2 lemon

Chop the onion and garlic and the pok choy.
In oil sweat off the onion and garlic and add the tomato-paprika paste.  Get the lentils in and all the seasoning and add the water. Cook for 6 minutes. Throw in the pok choy and let it go soft.
Finish with some lemon juice.
Great to eat with fresh Piede and a bit of soy yogurt.




I have to confess I am not a vegan and you can call me a flexitarian.
I made a pan of Gyros to go with it and some rich curd I mixed with Austrian pumpkin oil. You wont see me eating soy yogurt or tofu.



No comments:

Post a Comment