Tuesday 20 December 2016

Veal Scallops with Basil and Ham

I was grocery shopping in France again and wanted something fast for a meal. I found a couple of veal scallops. Since my sage on my balcony is in its winter rest, I used big fresh basil leaves and some flat leaf parsley to add to the veal. Covered in raw ham it was like its Italian classic brother: Saltimbocca.


I saw a Turkish chef make a side dish with 2/3 rice and 1/3 angelhair pasta, cooked in broth. I have  tried it and put both ingredients together in my rice cooker with water and chicken stock powder- it worked.

recipe:
4 veal scallops
4 slices of raw ham
4 large basil leaves
4 stalks of flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil


1 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup angelhair pasta
1 tsp chicken stock


lambs lettuce
1 shallot
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cider vinegar
salt pepper
celery seed
1 tsp agave syrup
dried salad seasoning


Put the scallops between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and beat them until thinner.
Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper and put a large basil leaf and a bit of parsley on top, cover with a slice of raw ham and use 2 toothpicks.
Melt butter with oil and heat it up to medium heat, put the veal in on the meat side and cook for 2,5 min, then  turn and cook for 1,5 min. turn again and rest in the pan on low heat.

Cook rice and pasta together with some chicken stock.
Wash the salad and slice the shallot into fine cubes, mix the dressing and it is ready to serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment