Saturday 4 August 2018

Coffee Jell- 0 Japanese Style

I saw these on YT videos and though why not.


I have a package of Agar Agar sitting in the cupboard for a while and had no idea what to do with it.
Normally when I make creams or mousses I use the gelatine leaves. Agar Agar is unkown to me.


I read through the recipe and thought, what can go wrong? I have a friend over today and she did not want coffee and cake for later, but she loves coffee.
Today we have 38C or 100,4 F - our city was the hottest yesterday in all of Germany. We are not used to summers like this, when rarely someone has AC. The work at the office is mean and 33,4 C inside does not make working any easier.

A cold drink with jellied coffee sounds great. I will offer it either with cold cashew nut milk or with regular cold milk. That´s her choice.


recipe:
2 cups strong fresh brewed coffee
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp Agar Agar


500 ml milk or nut milk
sweetened condensed milk if you like it sweeter

Let the coffee cool down, add the sugar and the Agar Agar and stir good until it is dissolved.
Bring to a boil and cook for 2 min.
Fill into a shallow container or in individual moulds and let it set in the fridge up to over night.

They said in the recipe that freeze dried coffee was fine, but the burnt taste of it does not make a nice jelly. I used the good quality Swiss coffee beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment