Sunday 19 August 2018

Tomatoes with Onion and Eggs for Breakfast

I have so many tomatoes sitting around and I can´t eat large amounts of them raw any more.
The tomato allergie hit me.
I have to cook them to get on with eating tomatoes. What I cooked in the morning resembled the Northafrican and Israeli dish of Shakshuka.


I prepared it on the easy side just for Sunday brekkie and dipped some bread in. I bought a 6pack of extra large eggs and had now 4 times double yolks.  Tomorrow I will have to cook more tomato sauce to stack in the freezer.


recipe for 1:
350 g tomatoes all kinds, colours and sizes are ok
1 red bell pepper
3 spring onions
3 cloves of garlic
1 red chili
2 tbsp olive oil
salt, pepper
fresh thyme
Tabasco
2 large free range eggs


In a frying pan start the oil and add onions, garlic, chili and red pepper and give them a head start of 5 min. Roughly chop the tomatoes, chuck them in and season well.
Cook until everything is mushy and soft.
Make 2 wells with a spoon and crack the eggs in, close the lid and cook 4 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment