Monday 27 August 2018

Veal Cutlett on the Bone

I bought a 3,5 cm thick piece of veal cutlett and left the bone and the fat around intact.


There are many methods to prepare it. I even thought of getting my Sous Vide Stick out of storage. But instead I opted for a method I found in the cookbook of one of my favourite female Chefs, Lea Linster, from Luxembourg.


I seldom eat veal. Yesterday at the butcher they had veal cutletts in different sizes on display and I thought why not. My first idea was to cut it off the bone, flatten it with the meat a cleaver and bread it like a Vienna Schnitzel.
But that was not paring so well with the French Puy lentil salad. The veal en nature sounded much more like it.


The preparation was easy, just cut a few times into the fat around the cutlett, season with salt and pinch a stalk of rosemary off your bush. Get a tbsp of rapeseed oil into a oven proof pan and on  medium to high heat sear the cutlett on both sides, 4 min each - if the cutlett is thicker use 5 min-
Preheat your oven to 150 C fan and place the pan in for 20-25 min  with the rosemary stalk.
Let rest outside the oven on a warm plate for 3 min. Season with pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment