Thursday 13 May 2021

Chocolate and Sour Cream Bundt Cake

The original recipe is from the blog twopeasandtheirpod. But as usual I changed a few things. Since I am now the owner of high quality Red Cameroon cocoa and Black Cocoa, I had to use it. I am now looking forward to the taste experiance. Simple Dutch pressed cocoa as used in the recipe does not do it for me now. And I added coffee granuals to the water too.



The preparation is simple. Just use a casserole and a big mixing bowl. No stand mixer needed. I bought two Danish metal dough whisks with wooden handles. One is perfect for this batter.



Recipe for a 24 cm bundt cake pan:

1 cup unsalted butter + some for the pan

1/3 cup red Cameroon cocoa+ 1 tbsp black cocoa

1 tsp salt, 1 heaped tsp instant coffee, 1 cup water

2 cup ap flour + enough to flour the pan

1 3/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda

2 eggs, 1/3 cup Smetana or sour cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract



Preheat the oven to 175 C. Butter and flour the bundt cake pan.



In a casserole mix water, coffee, butter, salt, cocoa bring up to heat an melt together and set aside.



Sift flour and baking soda and add sugar and stir well. Pour in 1/3 of the butter mix, stir and repeat until all liquid is in. Add one egg, stir then the other.



Whisk in smetana and vanilla extract. Make a smooth batter and fill in the pan.

Bake for 40-45 min. Let it rest in the pan for 15 min. Get it out on a wire rack to cool.

I put one third of the cake directly in the freezer for my trip end of next week to a good friend who loves cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment