Friday 3 February 2023

Gochujang and Strawberry Sweet and Spicy Sauce

Served over Air fryer chicken wings.



I wanted some Gochujang sauce with my wings. The box with the fermented chili sauce is going to be empty soon. This sauce is a good way use it up.

I looked through Pinterest to find some ideas for a sauce. One caught my eye with an unusual ingredient, strawberry jam.



I have an jar of homemade strawberry jam sitting on my counter. Just opened last weekend. What better way to use some of it.



Recipe:

3 heaped tsp Gochujang, 3 heaped tsp sugar

6 tsp strawberry jam, 2 tbsp rice vinegar

2 garlic cloves, 1 knob ginger

5 tbsp water, 1 tsp honey

1/2 tsp salt, pinch 5 spice powder

1 tbsp ketchup

Grate garlic and ginger in a pot and all other ingredients. Bring to a boil. If it is too thick, add a bit more water. Cook 2 min and use.


Leftovers can be stored in a jar in the fridge up to 5 days. Reheat before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment