Thursday 2 February 2023

Tofu Brownie vegan

I usually do not eat Tofu, but for a Korean recipe I needed some firm tofu. I bought both kinds and then I had to something with it.



Today is the day. I looked up some sweet desserts and found the vegan brownie recipe by plant&soul. I reduced the amount of sugar and used my favourite Red Cameroon Cocoa.



And I can only say: WOW ! Best brownie I had in a very long time.



Recipe for a 22x22 cm or 9×9 inch baking dish. Bake it at 180 C or 350 F for 30 min.

230 g silk tofu,  260 g light brown sugar, 40 g muscovado sugar

150 g melted  organic coconut oil, 2 tsp vanilla extract

125 g flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 80 g Red Cameroon cocoa

Ganache:

200 g semi sweet 55 % chocolate chips, 1 tbsp  agave syrup,  2 tsp coconut oil, 115 g silk tofu, 

fleur de sel and more chocolate chips for decor.



Paper the baking dish. Mix flour, salt and cocoa in a bowl.

Melt the coconut oil and cool it down a bit. Drain the tofu. Mix the sugars and all other wet ingredients with the tofu until smooth. Use a spatula to fold the dry stuff in. Pour in the baking dish and use a off set palette knife to smooth it out.



Bake for 30 min and cool down completely outside in the cold or in the fridge.



Melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil either in the microwave or over a pot of boiling water. Pour in a blender and add tofu, agave syrup and mix. Spread over the brownie.



Use more choc chips for deco and sprinkle some fleur de sel on top. Cool down in the cold for 30 min. 



Store leftover brownies in the fridge. Otherwise the gananche will fall apart.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment