Monday 20 February 2023

Green Onions fried with Rice Noodles

This is a dish that I found as a Reel on You Tube. 



I saw it and knew I had to make it some other day. Today I just remembered it and it took me a couple of minutes zu see it in front of my inner eye. Did I write it down, no. Often I grab a pen and a scrap of paper and make some notes. They litter my recipe box and get thrown out after a while.



But as simple as it was, this dish is tasty. When you like onions.



It is not as fast to prepare as other simple dishes. You need to be good with a sharp knife to get a huge amount of green onion strips. Thry will take a while until they are crispy in the pan too. But that gives you enough time to boil a kettle with water and soak the thin rice noodles for 10 min.



Ingredients:

100 g thin rice noodles, 1 tsp toasted sesame oil

2 big or 4 regular green onions, 1 tbsp neutral oil

3 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp agave syrup, 1 tsp Gochugaru hot pepper flakes

 


Cut the green onions in 7 cm pieces, then in fine long strips. Store in ice cold water.

Heat up oil to medium high and saute the drained strips until brown and crispy. Add agave syrup first, then both soy sauces and the hot pepper flakes.

Add the noodles and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment