Friday 26 April 2024

Baked Goods, Tea and Ice Cream

This weekend the "Country Living" Market is in the city. Or better said, at the outskirts of the city at a large horsefarm. Sellers have all kinds of stuff, from plants and gardening tooly to handcrafted stuff and lots and lots of food items.



Buy 15 different kinds of pestos, mustards, preserves and baked goods. Several foodtrucks offered a variety of sweet and savoury stuff for the visitors. The sellers came from all over Germany and many of them do this as their main business. But others came from cities in a 60 km radius.

I could not resist a hot mint tea with Levante baked goodies. It was a bit cold this morning and hot tea sounded great. I had it with a date filled with ground pistacchios and a coconut baiser. Both were very tasty.



Later my BFF had a custard filled pie and I ate a delicous ice cream with salted caramel and a second scoop of nougat. 



We shopped a bit and looked at many different handcrafted items. I bought some chestnut mustard and sheepwool pellets as longtime fertilizer for my next tomato crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment