Friday 19 April 2024

Holiday Home Foods

When I only stay 3 days in a holiday home, cooking is not the primary thing on my list. 

The kitchen was very good equipped and had a dish washer, but carring all the ingredients and spices with you is troublesome.

I just brought salt, pepper, Italian herbs and some Toscana blend seasoning. Enough to get through 3 days. A tiny bottle of olive oil and some balsamic white vinegar.



The first evening I went out to a restautant, waiting out the snow that came down in mid April. No need to use the kitchen.

The second evening I went for a very easy pasta dinner. I cooked the pasta in some chicken stock from a cube and used some of the pasta water to warm up some tuna fish from a can. 2 tablespoons of cream cheese and all my spices went in too. Combined with the pasta in a bowl it was good to go.



But a couple of cherry tomatoes were still sitting on the kitchen counter. Best way to eat them, just throw them in the pasta bowl.

The 3rd day dinner was easy. The local supermarket had heirloom long peppers, very crunchy and sweet. In store made pumpkin and chickpea hummus. Dipping the peppers in the hummus was all I needed to do.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment