Sunday 21 July 2019

Linguine with creamy Scallions white and red

Linguine con crema di cipollotti bianchi e rossi.    VEGAN


That sounds so much more appealing to me. The idea for this recipe is from an Italian cooking magazine issue: Giallo Zafferano. Sometimes I watch his YT videos.
My Italian is good enough to read and understand easy vocabulary. I just am able to speak the most basic holiday Italian. But that is ok.


I was on a trip yesterday and on the way back discovered a Supermarket chain that is not available in our region. It was huge and reminded me of French super centres. I just wanted to get my weekend groceries and ended up buying a suitcase set for the next holiday. I had to stuff my groceries into the shopping cart and was only buying the essentials. No more room in the cart and I was too lazy to go through the cashier twice.


They had great bundles of scallions or spring onions as I always call them. They were super fresh and crunchy and I bought two large bundles.

The recipe calls for dried tomatoes in olive oil. I am not a huge fan of these and did not buy any. But I had a jar of peperonata in olive oil. I just used that instead.


recipe for 3:
400 g Linguine
10 spring onions White and red
3 cloves of garlic
75 g peperonata in oil
1 tsp dried peperoncini
salt and pepper
olive oil
120 ml White wine
1 Lemon zest and Juice
salt and pepper
parsley


Chop the Ends of the spring onions and wash them. Use wide green stems and make Long fine Strands, About 50g.
Chop the rest.
Get the peperonata out of the oil and cut it in bite size pieces.
Chop the garlic.
Zest and juice the lemon.
Cook the Linguine after you cooked the spring onions for 15 min. But first blanche the onion strips for 1 min, cool in ice water.
Heat up the oil, add peperonicini and sweat the onions without the strips and the garlic for 10 min. Use a lid. Season and add the wine.
Add the peperonata and cook for 20 min more.Get the zest and Juice and and taste for seasoning.
Get the cooked linguine out of the pot with tongs directly into the pan to finish the sauce.
Dress each plate with some onion strips and parsley.

If you like, get some Pecorino on top -not vegan!


No comments:

Post a Comment