Friday 30 August 2019

Paneer Tikka Masala

It is rare to get Paneer in a supermarket here. In the Asia Go Supermarket I got lucky.

Now I was looking for a new way to prepare it.
Tikka Masala usually is prepared with chicken
The vegetarian version is as good.


I watched an Indian couple of YT preparing it. Since I do not have all the spice blends, I made my own version of the dish.



I grow some chilies on my balcony. I harvest them when they are bright red and dry them. But I needed a green chili this time. I picked one and tried a little piece of it. Very fruity with a nice kick to it.


Recipe for 2:
1 red bell pepper
2 medium tomatoes
1 medium onion
200g Paneer
175 g Greek yogurt 10%
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 knob ginger
1 lemon juiced
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili
2 tsp olive oil


1/2 cup tomato passata
1 tsp potato starch in water
1/2 cup double cream
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cinnamon stick
4 cloves
3 cardamom pods
1/2 tsp salt
1 fresh green chili
Coriander chopped
1/4 tsp ground fenugreek
1/4 tsp ground ginger


Marinate the paneer first:
Cut up everything into bite size pieces and in a bowl combine the upper ingredients well and cover and let it sit for 20 minutes.


In a wide pan in oil fry off the pieces until the paneer gets some colour. Do it in two or three batches.
In a pot heat up oil and toss in cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and green chili. Give it 2 min and add the tomato sauce. When it cooks, add cream and potato starch. Season and pir in the paneer vegetable mix.
Stir well and reheat, add ginger powder and fenugreek and some fresh coriander.

Serve with Naan or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment