Saturday 26 October 2019

Apple and Kohlrabi Salad

I found some apples that are red on the inside. The name is Kissabel. Some of them are totally red on the inside, others are red and white and look very interesting. Coworkers at the office thought I was eating watermelon pieces and were astonished to hear that the red chunks were apples.


A good thing is, I do not react allergic to these apples. The last two years I have to looks carefully not to eat 3 new varieties. The old apple trees produce apples I can eat, but some of the newer creations are not so good.


A bulb of kohlrabi finely sliced is the base. The fine and juicy taste of this vegetable is great for eating it raw. My Mom used to make these cooked and drenched in a fat and flour sauce, I never liked them this way.


Ingredients for a plate for 2:
1 bulb of kohlrabi
1 juicy apple of your choice
5 stalks of pimpernel
1 stalk of thyme
1 stalk of tarragon
1 tbsp honey
2 clementines juiced
1/2 lemon juiced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1/4 cup mixed pine nuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds toasted


First toast your seeds and nuts.
Chop the herbs.
Peel the kohlrabi and cut it into fine discs.
Peel the apple and slice it.
Make the dressing and top with seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment