Friday 4 October 2019

Poached Pears

I was serving some deer goulash today. Here in Germany it is traditional served with a halved pear filled with Preiselbeer Jam, something like the European kind of cranberry.
The pears I bought this week were on the very firm side. No way I could have used them as they were.


I made a poaching liquid and in 15 minutes, they had a lovely consistency.


What to do with the liquid? Toss it out? No way.

I reduced the liquid by half and took the spices out. Then I put some soaked and squeezed Gelatine leaves in.


ingredients:
300 ml white wine
300 ml water
1 lemon
50g Golden Syrup
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Mirabelle syrup
4 tbsp orange blossom water
4 Gelatine leaves

After ohne night in the fridge, the pears sat in tasty jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment