Saturday 5 October 2019

Soup with Pork and Mung Bean Noodles

I had a couple of leftover pieces of cooked salted pork in the fridge. I needed the space for my groceries I bought in France today. And after a 350 km round trip I was hungry for a quick meal.


On cold and rainy October days, one pot dishes or soups are always a good choice. I had a some fresh veggies from last week, some cooked meat and some beef broth in the fridge.
These dishes are the best, the outcome is often a surprise. While cooking, I add some of this or that. Then I change from classic German to Asian cooking by adding just a few other ingredients.
The whole dish did just take 15 minutes to come together.


ingredients:
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 carrot
10 cm white of a leek
3 spring onions
200 g cooked cured pork meat
80 g mung bean noodles
500 g beef stock
3 tbsp Japanese soup stock shoyu
3 Romano salad leaves
pinch of Togarashi pepper
salt
1 tbsp black sesame seeds


Chop carrots finely and leek and onions. Fry them in sesame oil for 3 min. Add the beef stock and let it cook 5 min. Season.
Boil water and put the dry noodles in a bowl and pour the boiling water on top. Drain after 2 min.
Chop up the meat and reheat it in the soup.
Cut the salad into strips.
In a large bowl, put the noodles in, add salad and sesame seeds.
Pour the soup over it and add the Japanese soup stock. Stir and enjoy.

It is a good advice to cut up the noodles before you put them in the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment