Sunday 8 August 2021

Samosas with Brillat Savarin and Tuna Fish

On my last grocery shopping trip to France I bought a whole Brillat Savarin cheese.  I was looking for a Reblochon for my co-worker. I have a standing order to buy the Reblochon everytime I go to France. I bagged the cheese and was surprised to find the Brillat Savarin beside it. 



I have used this cheese just one time before on an open faced sandwich (blog 24.12.2020). I bought a tiny piece for a horrendous price at a supermarket here. Now I got a whole one for a reasonable price in France.



The cheese is very creamy on the inside and has a strong taste to it. The mixture with a can of tuna fish was interesting. But it worked just fine. The tuna fish balances the cheese flavour. A couple of herbs and some lemon juice and fresh grounded pepper made a tasty spread.




recipe for 16 samosas:

8 Brick pastry sheets, 1 egg

150 g Brillat Savarin, 100 g tuna fish drained, pimpinelle, parsley, sorrel, juice 1/2 lemon, pepper

5 tbsp curd, 3 tbsp Ayvar, lettuce leaves



Mix the cheese and the tuna fish with herbs, pepper and lemon. Cut the Brick sheets in halves.



Spread eggwash on a piece of Brick and fold the underside over. Eggwash again and place 1 1/2 tbsp cheese mix in the left corner. Fold over into a triangle, fold over into more triangles until you reach the end of the Brick sheet. Eggwash and close it. Set aside and prepare the others.



Heat up the oven 170 C.

Use baking paper and spray that with oil. Place the samosas on top and spray them with a little oil.



Bake for 12 min, turn and bake for 10 min more.



Make the dip with curd and Ayvar. Serve and enjoy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment