Wednesday 4 August 2021

Polish Beet Soup

I found a Polish little grocery on one of my trips. A couple of pickled vegetables, some sweets and syrup went into my shopping basket. A package of red beet soup was on one of the racks. 



Why not? I will give it a try. Usually I am not a huge fan of dry stuff packages, but sometimes a quick meal is important.

I took the Google translater to check what was printed on the package. Strips of Polish red beets were advertised.



750 ml water, some black pepper, 1 hand full of tiny Angelhair pasta, 2 tsp creme friache



The soup was rich and had lots of beet root strips. Cooking time was 15 min. That was neededto get the beet strips soft. The last 5 minutes cooking time I added the pasta. I finished the soup with creme fraiche and pepper.

The doup tasted good, but after the last spoon my food allergy kicked in and I started sneezing about 12 times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment