Wednesday 11 August 2021

Spring Onion, Scallion Bahjis

I had a bunch of spring onions sitting in a mug. I am going on a short vacation this week and the spring onions needed to be cooked. 



I thought about a pot of onion soup. But with only some scallions and a few shallots that was not a good idea. Then I found Bahjis.



I usually prepare them with lots of spinach and red and yellow onions. But a different ingredient list is always welcome.




Gram flour is in my dry store and in my Tiffin box are all the spices. I roasted them and crushed them before they went into the flour mix. Be careful when you roast the chili flakes together with the spices. A bit of coughing was involved.



Recipe for 2:

7 spring onions, 2 shallots, oil for frying

150 ml beer, 100 g gram flour, 2 tbsp ap flour, 1 tsp salt

Chili flakes, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black mustard seeds toasted and crushed

Mix the batter with the onions well. Heat up the oil to 170C and fry them from both sides.



Dry on kitchen paper and salt.

I served them with Sweet Chili Sauce


 


No comments:

Post a Comment