Thursday 26 August 2021

Rice and Egg Soup -Congee Style

Call it leftovers getting a new shine. This time in an Asian version.



I had congee the first time during a long stop over at Dubai airport due to lousy weather. I had no idea if it was typical, but being hungry saved me from thinking about it. Later I tried a version at home and it was good.

That was the inspiration I had when looking in my fridge during a 30 min lunch break.



Cold Basmati rice, egg whites from the Aioli from Saturday, veg soup stock base, ayvar. Behind me on the counter were some spring onions sticking out of the mug with water in it. Still looking good.

For a little crunch I took 5 salted Tortilla chips and crushed them between my hands.

For a bit more seasoning I added some Ayvar and a dash of soy sauce.

For a quick lunch break that was a nice meal









 

No comments:

Post a Comment