Saturday 13 November 2021

Enoki and Shimeji Mushrooms with short Pasta

Fresh Mushrooms are an often used ingredient in my kitchen. A combination with pasta is easy to cook on a midweek meal.



I used Kritharaki pasta. But the pasta was made in a Pasta factory in the Odenwald. About 100 km south east of where I live. I visited the factory with my friend a while ago. I stocked up on all kinds of pasta. The Kritharaki was one of them. 



The mushrooms this time were from the large Asian supermarket in town. Very fresh and tasty. I bought some good quality Japanese style soy sauce too. And stocked up on my Korean ingredients.



recipe for 2:

100 g Enoki and 100 g Shimeji Mushrooms

225 g Kritharaki Pasta

1 onion, 1 spring onion, 1 Chinese bulb garlic, 1 green chili, salt and pepper

4 tbsp butter, 4 tbsp Japanese shoyu (soy sauce), parsley

Cook the pasta in salted water. It will take a bit longer than regular pasta. Keep an eye on tthem



In a bit of butter saute onions, garlic and chili. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the mushrooms and cook them a couple of minutes. Add the remaining buttter and soy sauce.



Drain the pasta and add some pasta water to the sauce. Mix well and finish with parsley.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment