Thursday 11 November 2021

Pea Soup with Blue Cheese Cream

A package of French Rondele cream blue cheese d'Aveyron was sitting in my fridge from my last grocery haul in France. It was near its expiration date. 



That was a good call for an idea for a pea soup that was on one of the many newspaper clippings my friend gave me. But that recipe just gave me a push to develop something out 




Frozen peas are a staple, the other veggies came from my fridge drawer. I used a beef stock cube to add some more flavour in the soup. And I had some frozen dill, that was ready to be used.



Fresh grated nutmeg boosted the taste. 

Recipe for 3:

1 1/2 cup frozen peas

1 large carrot, 1 parsley root, 1 piece of leek, 2 spring onions, 1 Chinese garlic bulb

750 ml water, 1 beef stock cube, 1 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp cream,

150 g blue cheese  cream, dill

Salt, pepper, nutmeg, lemon juice

Defrost the peas and take 50 g away for later.

Chop the veggies and start them in s pot with oil. Season with salt and pepper. After 6 min, add water and beef stock cube. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat and simmer for 10 min.



Add the peas and cook 5 min more. Put the soup in a blender and mix it. Back in the pot, add the whole peas and reheat and add nutmeg and lemon.



Mix the cream cheese with milk and cream and spoon it on top of the soup in the individual bowls. Add dill and serve.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment