Tuesday 28 February 2023

Tart in Quiche Lorraine style

No, this is not the real deal. This is a baked dish with leftovers. Do not waste food or a yeasty dough for the matter.



I had some scraps of dough leftover from my Belgian Tarte au Riz. An absolute burner, btw! My neighbor liked it too.



What to do with the scraps? I checked my fridge and found a couple of ingredients that scream Quiche Lorraine very lout. But the QL is made with shortcrust pastry! Now I prepare one just in the style of it.



Recipe for a 6 inch baking dish:

Use up any kind of dough you have

110 g bacon bits, 1 leek

2 eggs, 175 ml double cream

Salt, pepper, nutmeg, smoked paprika, dried herbs

Use a pan withour oil and cook the bacon for 5 min. Add the cut up leek and season with pepper. Cook 3 more min and then cool down to room temperature.



Cover the baking dish with the dough scraps and press them in. Poke some holes in it with a fork. Add the leek and bacon mix.



Mix eggs, cream and seasoning. Pour it over and bake at 230 C for 40 min.

Let it set while it cooks down completely.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment