Thursday 2 March 2023

Burrata with Grapefruit and Orange Salad

Creamy cheese and fruits go so well together. 



You can mix everything in a bowl and it is tasty. But when you make a little more effort and plate the ingredients separately, the picture gets better.



The citrus works so good with the Burrata. I only added some rose balsamic vinegar, olive oil with lemon and salt and pepper. But I forgot the red onion. Slicing it in very thin rings and dropping it in boiling water for 30 seconds. Then draing it and adding salt, sugar,a little vinegar and the squeezed out juice of the ends of the grapefruit. That sat for 15 min to marinate. The color was getting better by the minute.

Then I toasted some pine nuts and cut down some fresh basil from my still existing spring plant on the window sill in the kitchen. I bought that last year as a small pot and put it in a larger one and it was on my balcony until November. I hope it gets through the next two month. I will get it in some fresh soil and back on the balcony to last an other season, hopefully!

Ingredients:

1 Burrata

1 grapefruit, 1 orange, 1 red onion

2 tbsp pine nuts, basil leaves

Apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/ 4 tsp sugar, grapefruit juice as pickling liquid

Dressing:

Rose colored balsamic vinegar, olio con lemon, salt, pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment