Wednesday 15 March 2023

Banana Chocolate Walnut Bread

I wanted to use up some bananas. It was some time ago that I baked a banana loaf bread.



Why not the chocolate kind? I found some interesting recipes on Pinterest. This one is based on a recipe from "sweetandsavourymeats.com". But as always, I adapt a recipe to my liking.



This is baked in a regular 9x5 inch loaf tin. The German sized ones are not the same, but they work well. I have lined the large part with baking paper to get the banana loaf out later much easier. Baking time is at 180 C for 50 to 60 minutes. I have to check at 50 min, because my oven is going strong.  



There are not much dirty dishes to wash up later. No need to use an electric kitchen helper.

Recipe:

125 g flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 200 g light brown sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 43 g red Cameroon cocoa

57 g butter melted, 57 g sunflower oil, 1 large free range egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract

3 mashed bananas, 150 semisweet chocolate chips, 60 g chopped walnuts 



Combine the dry ingredients by sifting them in a bowl. Melt the butter in a larger bowl, add oil and vanilla extract. Toss in the bananas. Mix in the dry stuff with a spatula. 

Add choc chips and walnuts and stir and fill the loaf tin. Bake. Let it cool in the tin for 15 min, loose the sides. Take if out and cool on a wire rack. 





No comments:

Post a Comment