Thursday 23 March 2023

Veggie Stock Paste homemade

The final jar of bought organic veg stock paste is finally empty. It was very economic and lasted a couple of month.



I was checking the supermarket a while ago and could not find it there. I asked one of the staff and she told me that the company went out of business during Covid.

Checking the internet for other manufactures showed mostly processed stuff with all kinds of aromas. 



Now the solution was making it at home myself. So easy, just a lot of veggies and herbs and the right amount of salt.

Ingredients 800 g:

Carrots, celeriac, leek, parsley root, small yellow onion, shallot, 1 garlic clove

Parsley, 1 fresh bay leaf, lovage, thyme, 1 sage leaf, majoram

160 g salt ( per 100 g veg use 20 g salt)

The way you mix and match it is your own taste. I love more carrots, so I used more carrots.


In a strong blender mix salt and all veggies and herbs together. That takes a bit of time.

Use clean sterilized jars and keep them in the fridge. Only use a clean spoon to take stock out.

No comments:

Post a Comment