Tuesday 28 March 2023

Mussel and Sherry Soup

The Sherry fino bottle is sitting in my fridge. I needed some for the mushroom dish.



I took a small glas of sherry to drink, but not my choice. I did not like it at all. Now 3/4 of the Sherry was still in the bottle, I looked for recipes to cook with Sherry.



I had an opened bag of frozen mussels in my kitchen freezer. Everytime open the freezer this bag fell out. Now no longer!



Recipe for 2:

250 g defrosted mussels

2 shallots, 1 garlic clove

2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp flour

100 ml double cream, 100 ml whole milk, 200 ml Sherry fino

250 ml veg stock, salt, pepper, nutmeg

3 tbsp parsley



Chop shallots and garlic and sauté it in butter for 3 min. Add the flour and cook it for 2. Gradually add milk, then cream and later Sherry. Bring to a boil again. Pour in hot stock and bring up to heat, add the mussels and just heat them up. Season.

I had some cooked rice and added it too. Finish with parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment