Saturday 4 March 2023

Cima de Rapa with Frutti di Mare

Someone once told me that Advertising is the Right to choose.



The last couple of days I had ads from a Turkish supermarket here in the city on my smartphone. I deleted them. But yesterday I found out that they sell fresh seafood from Tjursday to Saturday every week. The next good fishmonger is all across the city with lots of red stoplights in between.



I wanted to give the advertising supermarket a chance. Only 5 stoplights later I parked in front of the supermarket.



In the fruit and veg section I realized that the prices have gone up a lot in Turkish supermarkets too. Then I stood in front of a crate with lots of stalks topped with green leaves: Rapa, yeah!

Very rare! Even the cashir asked me if that was Rapa later. They seldom see it in that supermarket. 



I came for the seafood and bought freshly made mixed seafood salad and some other stuff. 

The Cima de Rapa needs to be cooked or blabched before eating. It has a bitter taste, but I like it. I sauted it with shallot and garlic in olive oil and a little veg stock for 6 min. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Cooled it down for 10 min and topped it off with the seafood salad





No comments:

Post a Comment