Monday 20 March 2023

Banana Coffee Oats Breakfast Smoothie

In the morning I usually have my large mug of hot milk, honey, cinnamon and lots of strong espresso. That is the only coffee of the day.



Today I made a different aproach. A smoothie with coffee. I juggle many kinds of breakfast ideas around to keep breakfast from beeing boring and onedimensional. But this is the first time I have coffee mixed in something.




Ingredients for 2:

1 cup cold espresso

1 cup milk

1/2 cup rolled oats

1 tbsp linseed

1 banana

3 pitted dates

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Fridge cold sparkling water

Except the sparkling water, toss all ingredients in a strong blender (Thermomix)



Pour in 2 jugs and top off with the water. I used that because I do not have ice cubes at home. I never use any.

I must say: I do not understand the trend of liquid food for breakfast. Even when I had to leave the house at 5:15 AM, I always carried a travel mug of coffee and some breakfast for later with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment