Sunday 18 November 2018

I am no longer used to Restaurants with smoking

The Non Smoking Law for public places is now 10 years old. Smoking in restaurants until then was pretty heavy often, but no one cared. When you went to a place like that, you had to drop all your cloth in the washer when you arrived home.
It was such a relief, when the no smoking law banned smoke from restaurants. Eating there was much more pleasurable. Well, for people like me who never smoked.


I observed in Japan, that they still had smoking in Restaurants. But the ones I was in, were either smoke free or had special areas to sit in.


On Friday night I wanted to revisit a restaurant that serves the Flammkuchen from Alsace/France. Thin crusts with various toppings. I was there twice before, but during the summer month.
I planned to go there with my friends on my birthday to avoid the hassle of cooking on a work day.
Since I am a cautious person, I wanted to make sure, the quality of food and service was the way I had it before.
I asked a friend to come with me and check it out again. We both had been there before together.


As a starter we had small dips with baguette. The herby one was lacking salt and the eggplant dip was too sour for my taste.

I ate a Flammkuchen with prawns, spinach and Emmenthaler cheese. My friend had one with sour cream, oregano and salmon. There should have been Emmenthaler on it as well, but we both thought that the combination of salmon and strong cheese wont match. It was a good decicion.
Her Flammkuchen took on the wooden taste of the serving board.
That was not so nice and we both thought about the hygiene of these boards.

Should I go there again?  May be in summer, when you can sit outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment