Wednesday 21 November 2018

Potato Soup with roasted Bread

Cold afternoons are calling for a hot soups. The basic ingredients are potatoes, onions and a bit of cooked ham.


I had lots of tiny potatoes sitting in my bowl. They are a pain to peel. I cooked them before I added them to the soup.
Just add what you find, that might taste good in a soup


The broth was a basic beef stock. To give it a bit more flavour, I sauteed onions and spring onion in some butter in  small pan.
The nearly cooked potatos went in with a little starchy potato water. That helped to bind the soup later. I roasted the potatoes in the pan a little and seasoned them with salt and pepper.
The ham was finely sliced and got mixed in with the potatoes in the pan.

Everything got dropped in the stock and brought up to simmer.

2 slices of rye bread in cubes went with a large garlic clove and butter in the pan. Browned garlic bread is so good to eat with the soup.

With only a few ingredients it was a tasty soup.

Now it is your turn to cook a soup like that with the ingredients you have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment