Monday 4 March 2019

Lemon Chicken

This is in my old handwritten recipe collection for a long time. I haven´t done that in ages.
A famous German actress has shown this recipe in an old cooking show. I have prepared it twice a very long time ago.


We are cooking Iranian food this Sunday
.

My friend bought a Persian rice cooker. The one, that makes a crust on the bottom of the rice.


She wanted to bring the cooker over to show me how it worked and make some food.
When preparing Iranian rice, you have to serve it with food from that region too. The first thing that popped into my head was the lemon chicken. But I had no idea, where I put the recipe. I checked several recipes on line, they all came close and I wanted to make one of them.


A couple of days later I searched an other recipe from my Mom's favourite for a coworker and leafed through my notes. That way I found the old recipe. The ingredient that was missing from all the others were the fenugreek seeds.
They give a distinctive taste to the chicken.


Recipe for 6:
6 chicken legs
6 lemons 300 ml
300 ml olive oil
2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 pinches of saffron
6 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper



Put all ingredients into a large freezer bag and marinate the chicken legs for 4 hours.
Heat up the oven to 200 C.

Use baking paper and let the marinate drop off before you place it on.
Bake for 45 min.



No comments:

Post a Comment