Sunday 22 December 2019

Air Fryer Chicken Wings

I am getting my work out with my newest addition of kitchen gadgets. I had some thinking to do, what kind of thing that is and how it actually works.


Air frying sounded like a kind of deep fat fryer you take the oil out and magically it fries the food.
But no, it has really nothing to do with a deep fat fryer. The thing works like a convector oven, you will find in restaurant kitchens in bigger dimensions. Very hot air circulates in a closed off compartment. That cooks the food. And yes, you need just a tiny amount of fat for it.


The last Saturday before Christmas is the day for me to get most of my food for the 3 Christmas days. I hate to get to the supermarkets on the last day, it is crowded, people are stressed and it is no fun.
I plan ahead and got my stuff today. The only things I will by on Christmas eve are fresh bread, flowers and a some fresh fruits.
When you see the shopping carts here, you could imagine that there is no chance to buy any food until the new year. Or that all these shoppers have very large families.

Chicken wings are so easy to prepare at a short notice. Cooking them in a pan does not offer the same crispiness as deep frying them. Now in comes my new Air Fryer.


I saw Chef John make chicken wings and he added some baking soda to the wings. I had to try that today. With the potato flour and the baking soda the wings got a very crispy skin.

recipe:
6 chicken wings
2 tbsp potato starch
1 tsp baking soda
garlic granulates
salt and pepper


dressing:
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp Agave syrup
1,5 tsp Korean Gouchoujang
toasted sesame seeds
chives

Separate the chicken wings in two pieces ans take the tips off.
Salt and pepper next.
Place them in a bowl and add garlic, potato starch and bakind soda.
Let them sit for a couple of minutes.
Chuck them into the Air Fryer and cook for 20 -25 min, turning them after 10 min.

Prepare the dressing and pour it over the wings, add sesame seeds and chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment