Sunday 22 December 2019

Mashed Potatoes and Mustard Soup

Do you like mustard as much as I do?

From all the condiments my all time favourite is mustard. There are so many different kinds. My friends know that and when they bring something from a holiday trip, it is often mustard or honey. My other favourite.


I have an apple and mustard soup already on the blog, but this recipe is a total different kind.
Instead of a roux, the soup gets its structure from the mashed potatoes.
The leek is a great combination with the potatoes, they dissolve and the strips of leek stay intact.


I used 4 different kinds of mustard. A Bavarian sweet mustard with Weizen beer , a Dijon and a Dijon à l'Ancienne or whole grain muxtard. A bottle of Heinz American mustard was the last one.


The best thing is that I did not have to throw out the small leftover bowl of mashed potatoes.
Not enough to be a side for an other dish, or a lunch break. I could have warmed it in the microwave and spread it on bread
But not for breakfast on a Sunday morning.

Now I found an other way to use it.


Recipe:
150 g mashed potatoes cold
10 cm leek
20 g butter
400 ml veggie stock
3 Tbsp whipped cream
Nutmeg
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp  wholegrain mustard
1 Tbsp Heinz American mustard
3 Tsp sweet Bavarian mustard
2 Tsp Dijon mustard
Mixed seeds toasted

In a pot heat up the butter and saute the chopped leek for 5 min. Add the mashed potatoes. Pour over the stock and heat it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment