Wednesday 25 December 2019

Polenta with Savoy Cabbage

This is one part of my Christmas dinner.


I recommend it to prepare it in the fall, when savoy cabbage is at its best. I am not a huge fan of polenta. I haven´t made it in years. But the combination with the cabbage inside and the bake in a pan with some Grana Padano made it very good. I will make this recipe again with other meat or veg sauce soon.


I saw the polenta recipe on the TV a while ago. Chef Andreas Hülsmann made it, but with other main dishes. The recipe stuck to my brain and I knew I wanted to prepare it. For me the part of the goose was the perfect partner for the dish.


You can prepare it hours before you need to finish it. It takes time to cool down completely to set.


Baking it in a pan later does not take much time and you can make it while you finish the rest of your meal.


recipe for 3:
125 g polenta corn meal
3 times the volume in good veggie stock
150 g shredded savoy cabbage
3 spring onions
1 tbsp oil
salt and pepper
nutmeg
50 ml veggie stock.


Prepare the cabbage first. Cut out the middle stem of the leaves and wash them. Set a whole bunch of leaves over an other and cut 1 cm strips.
Chop the onion and start it in the oil in a pan.
Add the cabbage, season it well and stir a couple of times.
Add the stock, close the lid and reduce the heat to medium low.
Cook for 20 min and stir a couple of times.


In a pot heat up the veggie stock and stir in the polenta, mixing nicely.
Reduce the heat to simmer and stir often and then reduce the heat to low and cover it with a lid.
Let it rest for 10 min.

Stir in the savoy cabbage and transfer to a plate about 1 inch high. Cool down completely.

Cut into strips or rectangles and fry in a pan, add some Grana Padano cheese and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment