Thursday 26 November 2020

Chicken Bacon Corn and Garlic Dish

 This was my Thanksgiving Dinner today.


Thanksgiving is not celebrated here like in the USA. But I am so used to this holiday due to the 10 times I have celebrated it in South Beach, Florida for 10 years in a row with my family. The only thing Germany has transported here are the Black Friday Sales. The majority of people have no idea, were the origin of it lies. 



Wednesday evening I remembered that the next day was Thanksgiving and I needed something special or slightly American to cook. I stuck my head in the fridge and looked through the ingredients on the shelves. During covid-19 times I do my shopping once a week, mostly on Saturday mornings at 7 AM when the supermarkets open. I often plan ahead to cook during the week, but still take things on the go to prepare when the mood strikes.



I put organic chicken breast, bacon, cream cheese, Parmesan and double cream on the counter. Now I needed an idea. Checking the internet I found "Garlicky cream corn chicken". After reading the recipe, I added a good amount of more garlic, some Noilly Prat and more seasoning.



Recipe for 4:

500 g organic chicken breast, 

80 g bacon lardons

7 cloves of garlic, bunch of fresh thyme, salt, pepper, chicken seasoning

200 ml double cream  3 tbsp butter, 4 tbsp cream cheese, 3 tbsp Parmesan

300 g sweet corn, 3 tbsp Noilly Prat, chili flakes, piment d' Espelette



Use a wide pan and fry of the bacon. When it is done, take it out and leave the grease in the pan. Cut the chicken breast through the middle, thrn butterfly both parts. Put them in a plastic bag and give them a good whack to flatten them. Season them and fry them off in the grease. When they are mostly cooked, take them out, store them on top of each other in a bowl and cover them. The rest of the heat will make them perfect.



Clean the grease from the pan with a kitchen paper. Froth the butter and add the garlic  pressed or chopped and let it cook on medium heat to release the flavour. Add the thyme. Pour in the double cream, season and add the cream cheese and Parmesan to melt. Loosen with the Noilly Prat. Now in the the chicken, bacon  and drained sweet corn. Reheat everything and check the seasoning.



Now enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment